Become a Forest Dweller!
Wildnerness Maine camp for everyone!
Camp Forest is a wilderness Maine day camp to preserve, teach, and honor primitive and wilderness living skills from around the world.
In addition to a full Day Camp, Camp Forest offers weekly expeditions and runs the Camp Forest Institute to expand the wilderness experience.
Founded in 2008, Camp Forest is a project of Expanding Opportunities, a 501(c)3 organization in the United States.
Camp Forest Camper/Counselor Ratio: No greater than 8:1 (maintained at all times).
Licensed by the State of Maine.
– our season –
Things to do at Camp Forest
- Come and learn from the forest, sky, rocks, streams, plants and animals
- See like an owl, hear like a deer, and walk like a fox
- Learn the four basics of wilderness life: shelter, water, fire, and food
- Listen and learn from the natural world around you
- Share nature games, songs and stories
- Make baskets, carve wood, coal burn bowls, or make jewelry, candles, moccasins or natural cord
- Listen to stories of travels and of children’s lives in East Africa and the Amazon of South America
- Create a Forest Village or a primitive camp and spend your time at the camp learning outdoor safety, compass directions, and basic survival skills
- Learn to identify plant and animal life
- Learn to make fire the primitive way
Cancellations: An Expedition or camp week may be cancelled if there are less than the required number of participants registered. Register early to ensure your spot!
Refunds: A full refund will be issued if an expedition or week is cancelled due to low registration. Paid fees, except registration fee, will be fully refunded if a cancellation request is made at least one week in advance.
Registration: Spots fill up quickly. Register early to ensure your spot. Requested expedition or camp week is considered secured upon receipt of full payment.
Ratios: Camper to counselor ratio is no greater than 8:1 for day camp and 5:1 for expeditions.
Please call (207) 930-8012 for more information.